Things are looking up!

I am truly overwhelmed at the outpouring of love received since my last post. In fact, I’m convinced all that out-poured love was full of healing powers because I am officially leaps and bounds beyond where I was two weeks ago! 

 

If you’re just tuning in, my last few posts were basically sad pity-parties that I held for myself in the form of a blog. I was disappointed that my healing process was stunted and I was unable to do anything to feel better. So many loved ones reached out to help me shake off the dust and pull me up from my sad hole of depression (I’m looking at you, Karen Clark!). 


It is amazing what a few weeks and a few doctor’s appointments (and new HAIR) can do for the spirit! Last Tuesday I was cleared to begin light activity and I started going for walks and doing more activity around the house. I was super pumped for my first walk; put on my workout clothes and my running shoes, got my airpods going, and made it a grand total of ⅔ mile. Honestly, that’s being gracious, considering the last third was me dragging myself back to the house in agony. Overall, kind of demoralizing, but at least I was outside in the sunshine! 


And it has only gone up from there! Yesterday I made it a full mile and kept up a good pace the whole time. At my doctor’s appointment last week, she actually stood up and cheered when we determined that I’m back on track in my healing process! She declared me the strangest and most complicated recovery case she’s ever had and I felt like if we had a bottle of champagne we could have toasted to that 🥂

 

I’m officially cleared to return to work on April 12th, which is only two weeks away, and I am SO EXCITED to get back to my classroom and my kids. I’m sure I’ll have some good recovery stories from my first week back to work (currently taking bets on how long I can go without a bathroom break and how early I’ll be in bed after school). This has been one of my wildest adventures in life, and, unlike most of my other adventures, I’m glad to see this one come to an end. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hysterectaversary!

Making plans, and other jokes about life.

Cautiously Optimistic