Cautiously Optimistic

So, after my giant pity-party the other day, it looks like I may be (finally!) on the mend!

My CT results showed nothing remarkable, which was both relieving and frustrating. Even my doctor voiced her frustration that there was nothing fixable (and hearing her say that made my neurotic self feel so much better). My physical exam, on the other hand, showed nothing remarkable and that was a major victory! My doctor was excited to see how much better my internal stitches looked, no swelling or other signs of infection, and NO ACTIVE BLEEDING. She said she is cautiously optimistic that I'm back on track in my recovery!

Of course, I have no chill and immediately started asking about activity levels and such, so she sat down with me and a calendar and we walked through the different physical activities I can start doing each week throughout March and April. Have I mentioned that she's the best and I love her?

The only catch is that I need to have no bleeding for the next five days to start my light activity next week. I stopped bleeding Tuesday afternoon and held my breath all day yesterday that it wouldn't start up again. I'm incredibly superstitious, so I feel like just saying it out loud is jinxing myself, but I've had no bleeding for nearly 48 hours now! 

I wanted to add a quick note to say thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers. So many people reached out to me on Tuesday after my last, very vulnerable, post, and it was such an incredible attitude adjustment for me. The kindness and love was overwhelming in the best possible way and I cried a lot of cathartic tears on Tuesday.

I am so lucky to have all of you in my life and in my corner 💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hysterectaversary!

Making plans, and other jokes about life.